As mentioned in our missions statement, by the time our students leave The Michael Tippett College our aim is for them to have:
• developed independent, practical and vocational skills
• grown in self-esteem and confidence
• become more assertive
• improved their communication skills and their ability to interact with those around them
• started taking decisions and assess choices
• learned to respect each other, their peers and people supporting them.
we aim to support this change through our study programme, Preparation for Work and Life, which is aimed at preparing young people for work and Independent living.
The curriculum areas have been designed to smoothly merge with the outcomes in the EHCP of each student, this ensures their needs are met in the best way possible.
Find a PDF copy of the study programme here.