The Governing Body
We have three core functions:The Governing Body of The Michael Tippett School has been constituted under the 2012 Constitution Regulations.
- Ensuring clarity of the school vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent The Full
Governing Body meets three times per year (once per term). The Governing Body has three main sub-committees which each meet three times per year (once per term).
1) Achievement and Curriculum Committee
Remit includes student progress and achievement, curriculum content and development, provision for students, behaviour, attendance, care and medical needs.
2) Resources & Pay Committee
Remit includes financial and human resources management; budget setting and monitoring of expenditure, financial process compliance, workforce development, health and safety.
3) Strategy Committee
Remit includes regulatory and legal compliance, safeguarding, medium term planning and strategy, school-improvement, effectiveness of self-evaluation, governing body development and effectiveness.
Individual governors hold responsibility for child protection and governor training. They make regular visits to school and are involved in specific aspects of the school’s development on a caseby-case basis. The Governing Body is a member of the Lambeth Governors’ Forum.